Looking to join the university but just cannot decide which one you should enroll in? In need of guidance when choosing for the best of all Public universities in Ghana? Here’s an exhaustive highlight of the top five.
You definitely dream of joining a reputable university that would help you achieve the career of your dream. However, choosing the best institution of higher learning for you may be challenging considering the numerous universities in the country. Understandably, most students tend to be unsure of the right campus to choose considering how sensitive this choice is and its impact on their future. If you are interested in knowing the different institutions in the country, then you don’t have to worry anymore. Here is a detailed highlight of the best public universities in Ghana and the courses they offer.
Top universities in Ghana
What is the best university in Ghana?
The quest for quality higher education keeps growing year after year in different countries across the continent, and Ghana is one of the nations with a high number of youths enrolling in different universities. The country has experienced tremendous growth in the number of universities in recent years. So, how many universities are in Ghana? What is the biggest university in Ghana? Ghana web portal conducted the list of top universities in the country.
1. University of Ghana
Founded in 1948, this is the oldest and among the best in the country. Later on, in 1961, the institution of higher learning gained its full university status. It offers a variety of courses in different academic levels to both local and foreign students.
Here are some of the undergraduate courses that you can study here.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Biomathematics, Physics BSc.
- Animal Biology and Conservation Science, Biochemistry Cell and Molecular Biology Plant and Environmental Biology, Nutrition, Marine Science, Food Science, Fisheries Science, Microbiology Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Radiography
Some of the institution’s Masters programs worth noting include:
Seed Science & Technology
- Molecular Cell Biology of Infectious Diseases
- Theatre Arts
- Communication Studies
- Adult Education
- Material Science & Engineering
The University of Cape Coast was founded in 1962 by training graduate teachers and has been offering quality education to different from different parts of the country. With a population of over 5,000 students, the institution boasts a wide variety of both undergraduate and post graduate courses. Here are some of them.
- – Diploma in Management Studies
- – Diploma in Commerce
- Sc. – Bachelor of Science (2YR Marketing)
- Sc. – Engineering Physics
- Com – Bachelor of Commerce (2YR)
- Com – Management
- Com – Procurement and Supply Chain Management Development
- Sc. – Engineering Physics
- Com – Finance
- Sc. – Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Sc. – Biochemistry B.Sc – Computer Science
- Phil. – Mathematics Education
- Phil.- Physical Education
- Phil.- Post – Harvest Technology
- Phil.- Music Education
- Phil.- Science Education
- Phil.- Mechanization
- Phil.- Religion and Human Values
- Phil.- Music Theory and Composition
- D. – English Literature
- D.- Hospitality Management
- D.- English Language (Ph.D.)
- D.- Health Promotion
- D.- Integrated Coastal Zone Management
- D.- Economics
- D.- Development Studies
- D.- Entomology
The University of Education Winneba was founded in 1992 and was awarded its full university status in 2004. Currently, the four campuses of the institution are home to over 30,000 students taking part in different programs. Here are some of the courses that you can enroll for.
- A. (Social Studies Education)
- A. (History Education)
- A. (Political Science Education)
- A. (Music Education)
- Sc. (Business Administration) Option: Business Information System
- Sc. (Accounting Education)
- Sc. (Business Administration) Option: Accounting
- Sc. (Agriculture Education)
- Sc. (Biology Education)
- Sc. (Business Administration) Option: Banking and Finance
- B.A. Human Resources
- B.A. Marketing
- Ed. Early Childhood Education
- Ed. (Special Education) B.Ed. (Basic Education)
- B.B.A. (Banking and Finance)
- (Early Childhood Education)
4. GIMPA KNUST
Located in Accra, the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration is known for its focus on management and business program research. The government established this institution in 1961, and you can now study different programs in the institution. Here are some of you options.
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Finance Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Marketing
- BSc in Computer Science (BSc CS)
- Bachelor, Project Management
- Bachelor, Procurement Management
- Bachelor, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor, Operation and Supply Chain Management
- BSc in Information and Communication Technology
- BSc in Management Information Systems (BSc ICT)
Did you find this highlight exhaustive? Which among these institutions do you believe should top the list? Are there any other universities in Ghana that you believe should be included in this list? Feel free to leave your highlights in the comments section.