With all the online marketplaces like eBay and Facebook Marketplace, it’s tempting to think you can just find quirky stuff or good deals from the convenience of your house. But there’s nothing like digging around a crate of miscellaneous stuff or trawling the stalls at a big flea market.
If you love finding good deals or one-of-a-kind items, then you’re in luck! It’s time again for the R.G. Canning Attractions Ventura Flea Market at the Ventura County Fairgrounds. Spend the day with your family enjoying the fresh market atmosphere and finding those unique items you can’t find anywhere else.
Things You Can See And Do At The Flea Market
Over 500 vendors attend this event, and over 5,000 visitors turn out at each event. Everyone is there to enjoy the many things to do, including:
- New and used items
- Farm produce
- Fair food
- Live entertainment
People with all kinds of interests will find something that pleases them. Whether you are a family looking for an enjoyable day out, or someone who likes finding those unique items that can be turned into something special, there is something here for everyone.
Details On The Event
The next event will be on Sunday, November 17th, from 9 AM to 2 PM. Admission is only $5 for adults. If you are eager to get in, 6 AM early admission is $10.
To make things more family-friendly, children that are 12 years and under get in free with a paid adult.
Address: Ventura County Fairgrounds
10 W Harbor Blvd
Ventura, CA 93001
What To Expect/Preparing Yourself For The Day
To help you have the best experience possible, here are a few things that will be useful to know so you can be prepared for your day at the flea market:
- For this time of year, the typical weather is usually in the mid-60s °F, according to Accuweather forecasters. The County Fairgrounds are located off the harbor, so there will be an ocean breeze. We recommend dressing accordingly.
- The flea market will be open rain or shine, so be prepared. Make sure you have your rain ponchos and umbrellas.
- The fairground is a big place, so make sure you have good walking shoes. There is a lot to see, and you won’t want to miss any of it.
- You may want to bring a backpack or a big bag of some kind that you can carry all of your purchases with you. There is so much to see and so many vendors, you may more than a few items you must have.
- We cannot say anything official, but you may want to have a camera with you. You never know who may show up to the market.
Where to Stay
If you are traveling from out of town, consider staying the night or weekend and really enjoy yourself. Westlake Village is a good spot to settle into. This area is only minutes away from the fairgrounds and is central to many attractions in the Greater Ventura County Area.
The Hyatt Regency Westlake is a popular option for any travelers coming to Ventura County. It offers upscale appeal at a reasonable price, along with an outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi, and a nice on-site bar. If you want to go all out, the Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village offers a premier resort experience. You can relax in luxury in the Santa Monica Mountains setting.
Is Your Checklist Ready?
Now that you know when and where the flea market is going to be, do you have everything prepared? Do you have your comfortable shoes, bags, and a list of things you want to look for? Have you updated your cellphones with the GPS trackers for when the kids and Grandma run off? Is your camera ready for your paparazzi-style photo opportunity for that celebrity sighting? Enjoy your day and good luck finding something you love.