Aberdeen, Maryland – On Friday morning, an Aberdeen police officer was shot by Tyler Scott Testerman, 21, who surrendered after being chased, according to the Aberdeen Police Department. The officer received 6 shots and will have an eye surgery.

Police declared Testerman surrendered to authorities at his girlfriend’s home in Edgewood at around 10:25 a.m, almost eight hours after the incident took place. Six schools were closed in order to manhunt the suspected. The research was done by the Harford County Sheriff’s Office and Maryland State Police.

Aberdeen Police Sgt. Jason Easton was shot while investigating a complaint on Friday morning. Credit: Baltimore Sun

Police stated Officer Jason Easton, who have a wife and very young children, was examining a doubtful situation in the 500 block of Ohio Court at 2:27 a.m. on Friday when the shooting happened.

It seems that a man had reported a situation and Easton was speaking with him in the backyard. Suddenly, someone shot a fire from the tree line. Police pointed out that six to eight projectiles hit the officer in the face.

Then he was transported by air to the University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore. He stayed in stable condition and in good spirits as police reported. However, he will require surgery to his eye.

The shooter identified as Tyler Scott Testerman left the scene on foot. Community, along investigators and police officers, deduced the suspect was at a residence in the 1000 block of Waterside Court in Edgewood which was the home of his girlfriend.

Testerman abandoned the home and surrendered when a SWAT team closed the residence and police officers besieged the house. The arrest occurred without incidence and he was conveyed to the custody of the Harford County Sheriff’s Office of the Aberdeen Police Department.

Later, Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Trabert, declared the report that caused the officer to investigate 500 block of Ohio Court was about two people who lived there and were exchanging threats or messages.

The chief said Jason Easton is well-liked by the community and the department hoped for a full recovery.

“He’s a great guy. He’s a great family man. It’s a sad day for us at the Police Department,” Aberdeen Police Chief Henry Trabert said.

Source: Daily Mail