McDonalds’ Happy Meals are a classic favorite for children of all ages worldwide. However, Alaskan mom Jennifer Lovdahl posted photos of a happy meal bought six years ago, yet looking almost the same as one purchased today. As she posted the photos on Facebook, it wasn’t long before it was a trending topic on the Internet.
Jennifer Lovdahl is a 33-year-old chiropractor living in Anchorage, Alaska who wanted to show her patients the dangers of eating this “fast food” by preserving a meal for years without rotting. The photos of a non-decomposable Happy Meal, supposedly taken on 2010 and posted on Facebook last Wednesday have gone viral.
Last Wednesday, Jennifer wrote: “It’s been 6 years since I bought this “Happy Meal” at McDonald’s. It’s been sitting at our office this whole time and has not rotted, molded or decomposed at all!!! It smells only of cardboard. We did this experiment to show our patients how unhealthy this “food” is. Especially for our growing children!! There are so many chemicals in this food! Choose real food! Apples, bananas, carrots celery…those are real fast food.”
The cases against McDonald’s where perseverant food refuses to disintegrate are quite numerous worldwide. When explaining why the burgers didn’t rot, McDonald’s states that they will only rot under “specific conditions”. Oddly enough, customers are convinced that the passing of time, when escalated to years, can be labeled as a “specific condition”.
McDonald’s is now under siege as this is not the only case against the corporate fast food giant for an unhealthy product. For the customers’ surprise, last week the restaurant added a “healthy” salad option to its Canadian menu, including more sodium, more fat and less protein than a Big Mac. Nonetheless, McDonald’s website offers an explanation towards their food looking the same after years have passed.
“Food needs moisture in the air for mold to form. Without it, food will simply dry out – sort of like bread left out on a counter overnight to make croutons for stuffing. You might have seen experiments, which seem to show no decomposition in our food. Most likely, this is because the food has dehydrated before any visible deterioration could occur.”
Source: The Telegraph UK