Twentieth Century Fox has postponed the production of the third entry of the post-apocalyptic series of the Maze Runner, Maze Runner: The Death Cure, while the main character, Dylan O’Brien, recovers from injuries caused the past March.
Twentieth Century Fox says O’Brien is not yet well enough to start working again, due to being seriously injured on set, on March 18, when he was accidently hit by a car while filming in Vancouver, Canada, and was immediately transferred to a local hospital for observation and treatment.
According to a report from the regulatory agency WorkSafeBC, he was on top of a moving vehicle while being attached to a harness but, unexpectedly, was pulled off and then hit by another vehicle.
American film studio thought O’Brien could recover sooner so scheduled the resumption for May 9. But now, that has changed and a new start date will depend on O’Brien’s recovery and the ability to reassemble the large cast and crew.
O’Brien’s injuries were more severe than first believed, and Jennifer Allen, his publicist, said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly that he needs more time to recover.
Twentieth Century Fox said that they hope O’Brien recovers fast since is looking forward to restarting the production as soon as possible.
The Death Cure is scheduled to be in theaters on February 17, 2017, and the production on the feel had been rescheduled to resume next month.
The director of the movie, as well as the previous ones, is Wes Ball. The director posted on Twitter a letter he wrote saying he has been having mixed emotions since he has been feeling overwhelmed, angry, sad and guilty because of what happened to Dylan O’Brien, but most of all, he feels respect and love for him.
Source: Entertainment Weekly