Dylan O’Brien has been hospitalized after being seriously injured on the set of the third film in The Maze Runner series.
20th Century Fox said Friday in a statement that Dylan O’Brien was injured yesterday while filming Maze Runner: The Death Cure in Vancouver, Canada and that he was immediately transferred to a local hospital for observation and treatment. Production on the film will be shut down while he recovers. Our thoughts go out to Dylan for a full and speedy recovery.
O’Brien’s publicist, Jennifer Allen was waiting for any news from the doctors. All she knows right now is that O’Brien will be completely recovered soon.
WorkSafe BC, which investigates workplace accidents in British Columbia, said they just became aware of the situation and were looking into the reports that the actor had been struck by a car while shooting a scene. WorkSafeBC spokesperson Trish Knight Chernecki initially said it was unclear if the production had followed protocols to alert the investigative body to the incident, but now tells EW they have were contacted and are now in communication with the studio and producers.
Maze Runner: The Death Cure is set for release on Feb. 17, 2017.
A bit about Dylan’s life story
O’Brien, who also stars in the MTV series Teen Wolf, plays Thomas in the Maze Runner series as the leader of a group of young survivors trying to navigate a wasteland after the planet was decimated by a solar flare. The first film, based on the best-selling novels by Dashner, came out in 2014, and the sequel, The Scorch Trials debuted last year.
The actor, who was born into the film business with a mother who worked as an actress and production assistant and a father who is a prominent camera operator, also starred in the 2012 dramedy The First Time, about two teens who decide to lose their virginity to each other during one long, adventurous night. His co-star in that movie was Britt Robertson (Tomorrowland), whom he has been dating since they met on that movie.
Source: LA Times