A parent’s worst nightmare is there child facing an emergency. It doesn’t matter whether that emergency is at home or at school, parents want to make sure they’re child is always safe period in today’s world, that means fitting your child with a GPS tracker.
The Benefits of a Child GPS Tracker
Unfortunately, we do not live in a very safe world. It is irrelevant whether the world has got more or less safe, the reality is that we live in a world where we have the technology to improve safety. Unfortunately, 80% of missing people in this country are younger than 18. That is a fact, but one that can be mitigated by ensuring that your child has a real-time GPS tracker on them at all times.
When you purchase a GPS tracking device, you will be provided with life, real time data. This means that you can always know exactly where your child is. Should they face any kind of emergency, you will be able to alert the emergency services to their exact location. One of the most popular types of child GPS trackers on the market today is known as the amber alert tracker.This device was developed after Amber Hagerman, a 9 year old, was abducted and murdered in 1996. Devices that meet Amber alert specifications have a number of important features to increase the safety of your child. Those include:
- A 24 hour battery life, which means your child could go to school for two days without needing it to be recharged.
- Safety zone alerts, which means you can tell the device in which location is your child is allowed to be and it will then send you an alert if the child leaves that area.
- A panic button, which your child account press should they face an emergency. This means that you may be able to know the minute that your child is in danger, something that you can instantly share with law enforcement professionals. In a child abduction case, time is absolutely critical.
- Temperature information, which can be crucial for younger children. This ensures that your child is in comfortable environmental surroundings. For parents, this can be very important if there child is inside a car on a hot day for instance.
- The ability to connect directly to a mobile phone. This means that you do not have to be at home to view the tracking details relating to your child.
Of course, any GPS tracking device is effectively a gadget, which also means that they are not free. Exactly how much you have to pay depends on the device. Often, you will have to pay a one time activation fee comma after which it will provide you with real time data forever. Others require you to install a type of SIM card with mobile data, enabling you to view where the tracker is so long as there is data left on the SIM card.