Minneapolis – Two men were arrested on Tuesday after a shooting took place during a Black Lives Matter protest that wounded five people who were protesting in order to get information about the Jamar Clark’s case that has not been released yet. Suspects, who were counterdemonstrators according to people, opened fire while wearing masks and bulletproof vests. Clark’s family already thanked protesters for their support and told them to end the occupation after the shooting was done.

It is known that Jamar Clark, 24, was shot on Sunday by a Minneapolis police officer under not clear circumstances. There is some evidence, based on a video, that ambulances responded to a domestic-violence call. Clark was accused of being suspect in a domestic assault as he interfered with police officers, said the police. The episode occurred across the street from an Elks Lodge. Few people have said Jamar was handcuffed before being shot in the head, but police already denied it.

Two men were arrested on Tuesday after a shooting took place during a Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis. Credit: Missopen.com

According to a report made by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) witnesses also seem to suggest that he was not resisting arrest and he was just laying down when he was shot. Teto Wilson, who was quoted in the report, said two officers were surrounding the victim on the ground, an officer maneuvered his body around to shield Jamar’s body and he then heard the shot go off.

The case is being taken by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension agency. Also, the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division will make an investigation, which was thanked by protesters and NAACP leaders as they said they didn’t trust local law-enforcement authorities.

Since Clark was shot, people have been protesting in Minneapolis in the name of  “Black Lives Matter.” On Monday night, they made traffic stop on Interstate 94. Fifty-one people were arrested before the highway reopened. People also went to the police area close to where the shooting happened. They were demanding for authorities to publish videos and information about the case. However, Drew Evans, the superintendent said no videos will be released before the investigation ends. Although, he said there are videos from the ambulance, a public housing, a police mobile video station and cellphones of bystanders.

Tension increased on Tuesday when several men shot five people that had been protesting the killing. As police confirmed, they arrested a 32-year-old men in South Minneapolis and a 23-year-old men in nearby Bloomington and they are still searching for others who are related to the incident. The shot did not leave injured people.

Black Lives Matter stated on Facebook “white supremacists” attacked the 4th precinct where people were protesting, they called it an act of domestic terrorism and said they won’t be intimidated. Clark’s family solicited and end to the protests after the shooting was done. That being said, demonstrators are still reunited outside the precinct.

Clark’s brother, Eddie Sutton said, “Thank you to the community for the incredible support you have shown for our family in this difficult time, we appreciate Black Lives Matter for holding it down and keeping the protests peaceful. But in light of tonight’s shootings, the family feels out of imminent concern for the safety of the occupiers, we must get the occupation of the 4th precinct ended onto the next step.”

Source: CNN Edition